6th SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA JUNIOR AMATEUR GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17-18, 2020
Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon
36211 Champions Dr.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- 36-hole stroke play championship (boys & girls division).
- 90 boys & 90 girls will play 36-holes (18-holes on Saturday, 18-holes on Sunday).
- Ties, for first place only, will be determined with a hole-by-hole playoff.
All participants are required to check in upon arriving Saturday morning. A registration table will be located near the bag drop near the front entrance.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org/boysjunior & scga.org/girlsjunior one week in advance of the championship.
- Round 1 starting times will range from 7:30 – 12:20 p.m.
- Round 2 starting times will range from 7:30 – 12:20 p.m.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA/SCPGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- Boys’ Division (Champions Course): Please see hole by hole yardages outlined on the Championship Portal.
- Course Rating: 74.2 / Slope: 137 / Par 72.
- Girls’ Division (Legends Course): Please see hole by hole yardages outlined on the Championship Portal.
- Course Rating: 75.7 / Slope: 141 / Par 72.
- Players may plan arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense.
- Practice Rounds can be booked by contacting the Morongo Golf Club Pro Shop at 951-845-0014.
- Green Fee: $35 per player to walk. Identify yourself as a participant in the Southern California Junior Amateur Golf Championship. Due to the current course rotation, only one course is open at a time, please check before your round to ensure the course you wish to play is open.
- Leading up to the event the Champions Course will be available for play on October 13 &14. The Legends Course will be available for play on October 15 & 16.
- Range balls will be provided complimentary on the driving range.
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than 45 minutes prior to their starting time and must limit usage at the driving range to 15 minutes.
- The practice putting green is open without restriction.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- All food & beverage facilities at the clubhouse are currently closed due to COVID. Beverage carts will be the only option for drinks and snacks during the two days.
- The SCGA will host lunch for all players on Saturday and Sunday after their round.
- Major credit cards and cash will be accepted at the beverage carts.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION, PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- Motorized golf carts are prohibited during the championship. All players and spectators must walk. Special accommodations will be made for disabilities.
- Due to COVID safety procedures, shuttle carts will not be utilized this year.
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited at all SCGA/SCPGA events until further notice.
- Spectators are permitted; however, each player is limited to only one spectator.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Beaumont – Oak Valley
1864 Oak Valley Village Circle
Beaumont, CA 92223
A discounted rate is available for participants, on a first come, first served basis. A rate of $114 + tax per night (Standard room) has been secured for the nights of October 16 - 18. When calling to make a reservation, please reference “So Cal Junior Am” to secure this rate.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.